The technology of reinforcing steel manufacturing through the slitting process means forming an intermediate roll consisting of several round profiles connected by a thin (~0,5 mm) bulkhead while performing rolling.
The further lengthwise slitting of a roll into separate parts is performed in the interstand space by non-drive sphenoid rollers through the wedging process. Further on, the formation of each roll into the finished cut is performed according to different calibres.
Advantages of this technology:
- decrease of cost per unit:
- electric power per ton of rolled product;
- gas per ton of heated billet;
- rollers per ton of rolled product;
- increase of the metal yield;
- reduction of heat loss and other power inputs in the process of rolling, which provides obtaining of stable profile size and mechanical properties of finished rolled product.