Productions of the fluidized lime and coal-dust fuel
As you know, freshly burned lime with mesh size from 0 to 80 mm is used in the steel-smelting units, with proportion of mesh size from 0 to 10 mm reaching 10-20%.
Key problem is the presence of lime with mesh size from 0 to 10 mm that leads to:
- quick liming (react with humidity in the air) that results in hydrogen loading to the metal;
- reduction of lime’s reactive capabilities;
- logistics difficulties;
- adverse effect on the ecological situation:
increased dustiness, +25-40% (carrying out lime with gases from steel-smelting units);
increased gas and dust removal system load;
increased lime aspiration system load;
- increased equipment deterioration;
- augmented transportation operations;
- decreased burden permeability due to increasing dust exhaust in shaft-type furnaces (blast-furnaces, cupola furnaces).
Thus approximately 15% of the consumed lime’s total volume is out of operation while producing additional negative industrial, commercial and ecological risks.
this technology permits to remove lime with mesh size from 0 to 10 mm, process it and effectively utilize it in production process.
the material suits for injection into molten iron cast or steel, has high reactive capabilities, advanced liquidity and extended storage period.